We are all going through unprecedented times and we truly hope that you, your family and friends are safe and healthy.
The yachting industry is being impacted heavily with job losses, cancelled charters, itinerary changes and businesses shutting down.
We are all in this together. While a lot of our available jobs have been put on hold, we wanted you to know that it’s business as usual at YOA. Even if that means having a few more distractions while working from home!
We are seeing hundreds of you signing up each week and are working hard to contact each one of you individually.
The COVID-19 crisis is impacting you all in different ways and while we aren’t specialists in worldwide pandemics, we wanted to pass you some thoughts.
- If you’re still working on a yacht, congratulations! Make the most of this unique time with your crew mates. You’ll never forget it.
- If you are looking for work, now is a great time to tidy up your CV’s, take a new profile photo and make sure your YOA profile is as current and complete as possible.
- Don’t travel if you don’t have to! We are going to beat this virus and save lives by self isolating. The last thing you want to be doing is getting on an international flight right now! There will be plenty of jobs available soon.
- Contact your YOA connections. Now is a good time to re-connect with your former yacht crew mates to see how they are going.
- Focus on the good things in your life. Be grateful for the little things that we used to take for granted.
- Oh and there’s plenty of toilet paper for everyone…
Stay safe, stay kind and keep smiling.
Tom, Don and Candice (and Benson, Max and Baxter)